Table of Contents
Zoom was created to host webinars, teach online courses, and conduct online training, video demonstrations, virtual meetings, and video conference. It integrates video conferencing, online meetings, and group messaging into one cloud-based platform.
Many SMEs, enterprises, educational institutions, and healthcare organizations find Zoom useful, especially since COVID-19 hit. The usage of Zoom skyrocketed by 378% in March 2020.
Zoom improves collaboration among teams and remote workers, as they can join online meetings quickly and mimic in-office activities. Zoom allows 100 interactive video participants and 10,000 view-only attendees to join in on a meeting. The software also enables content sharing in wireless mode.
I’m a freelance worker, how can Zoom help me?
Zoom connects the virtual professional world. Zoom video meetings help to humanize both the client and the freelancer. Rather than think of your client as just a name, you think of them as people. Your clients also see you, which adds some credibility to you as a freelancer from Africa.
Also, rather than asking your client to download an app that they may find annoying, you simply send them a meeting link that they can join quickly. With Zoom, you don’t have to take notes. When the meeting is over, the recording converts into MP4 and M4A recordings saved to your computer.
As an African freelancer, it is essential (and fun!) to note the diverse culture of your clients. It is also great practice as Zoom enables you to evaluate your conversation skills after meetings for your self-improvement.
- Each Zoom plan allows you to host unlimited meetings.
- Zoom Webinars can host up to 10,000 participants, which is excellent for people as they grow their business.
- Zoom offers high-quality audio and video.
- Screen sharing between both the presenter and guests is simple.
- Participants can receive instant messages during conferencing.
- You can record meetings
- Users can create recurring meetings and use the same link for future meetings.
- At the basic level, with no add-ons and extras, Zoom is reasonably priced. But add-ons make Zoom quite expensive.
- Too many plan options; there are almost too many options to consider when you try to customize your Zoom plan.
- If you want to run a successful Zoom event, your webinar participants will need to download Zoom to access your meeting. Some may not like this idea.