PayPal is a safe and easy way to pay money. Its service allows people pay using their preferred method including credit cards, bank accounts, buyer credit or account balances, without sharing financial any information.
PayPal allows its customers to open an account on its website, this account is connected to the user’s credit card or checking account. Once identification and proof of funds have been confirmed, the customer may begin to send or receive payments to and from other PayPal accounts.
One of the main objectives of PayPal is to make online purchases safer for all parties involved by providing a payment platform that does not require the sender or receiver of cash to disclose credit card or bank account numbers.
PayPal may not be a bank; however, it is still subject to consumer protection regulations by which banks are governed. Notifying PayPal immediately when you have concerns will help to limit your liability, it is also highly recommended that PayPal users check their accounts regularly.
I’m a freelance worker, how can Paypal help me?
Freelancing comes with many challenges and one big issue is with receiving payment for jobs done. With a PayPal account it is easier to connect with more potential clients around the world because it is a globally accepted platform. PayPal is accepted and relied on by many top freelance marketplaces too, including Upwork, Freelancer, Fiverr, 99designs etc.
However, despite its popularity and its acceptance around the globe, PayPal isn’t the best solution for every freelancer. A plethora of options exist and these should be considered before picking a suitable platform for yourself.
- It’s easy to use.
- Since a lot of people use PayPal, your clients may already have PayPal accounts.
- You don’t need a merchant account.
- Your clients don’t necessarily need a PayPal account to pay you.
- You can create and send invoices using your PayPal account.
- You can set up recurring payments.
- You can also link your PayPal account with a number of shopping cart systems.
- There are hefty fees for chargebacks.
- It may take four business days for deducted funds to clear in your bank account.