Google Calendar is a free web and mobile calendar that enables you to keep track of your events and share your calendars with others. It is a perfect tool for managing personal and professional schedules. As powerful as it is, it is quite simple to use.
Here’s a fun fact. If you already have a Google account, you have access to Google Calendar. Yes! All you need to do is go to calendar.google.com or open the app on your Android phone to start using it.
I’m a freelance worker, how can Google Calendar help me?
One of the first things you need to figure out when you start out as a freelance is to learn to manage your workload. You either do this or you crash. This is more so for African freelancers where circumstances surrounding the availability of certain infrastructures may make it difficult to deliver timely projects to clients.
You’re balancing work and home without missing deadlines or family events, it’s tough. With the use of Google calendar, you can make things easy.
- Do you work with teammates who live around the world? You might find it’s difficult to figure out what time is appropriate to schedule meetings with them. Fortunately, the World Clock” in your Google Calendar settings can help with this. You can set appointments that don’t fall on holidays or inappropriate time. For example, it won’t be wise to schedule a video call on Halloween or the 4th of July with an American would it? This way you get to arrange deadlines that work for particular clients in particular regions. Enable your world clock.
- For client relations purposes, you can communicate appropriately when greeting particular clients such as wishing Canadians a happy Canada Day at the appropriate time. A Kenyan freelance, therefore, shouldn’t send a Happy Canadian Day greeting to an American client.
- The calendar helps you know when to wait for a response to an email or message due to whatever holidays being observed in specific locations.
- The Enable working hours features is a setting that alerts clients if they try to add you to a meeting that lies outside a range of hours set by you in Google Calendar. Hey, this way your clients can’t set up a meeting at 4 am in your time zone.
- Ultimately, google app allows freelancers to set start and end times for each project. This way you can see at a glance all pending projects and see if you can take on new ones.
- Sharing, alerts, integrations, and simple to use.
- Downloads important information about appointments, future flights, etc. automatically from your Gmail.
- Google calendar can be synced with, TickTick, Airbnb, Meetup.com, Gmail, Facebook events, and share detailed calendars with other people when working on projects.
- Accessible on PC and iPhone.
- It provides multiple types of notifications for scheduled events.
- The weekly view can appear unappealing and cluttered.
- It is often difficult to connect with calendars from other apps.